Arizona Employment Law AttorneysRequest your consultation
Scottsdale Sexual Harassment Lawyer
In the context of employment, sexual harassment can involve a tangible loss, such as a denied promotion when an employee refuses a manager’s sexual overtures, or it can take a form that does not result in tangible damages – like ongoing harassment by a group of co-workers that causes emotional distress but not a loss of income. Both forms of sexual harassment are illegal under federal and state law in Arizona.
Sexual harassment can occur in a wide range of situations ranging from inappropriate touching, gesturing or joking in the office to problematic sexual relationships between employee and boss. Victims of sexual harassment have the right to take action, first by filing charges with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the Arizona Civil Rights Division, and then by suing their employers in court if the former process fails to resolve the problem. A Scottsdale employment law attorney can help you decide what course of action to take if you have experienced sexual harassment.
Scottsdale Lawyers Representing Individuals Harassed At Work
At the Scottsdale law firm of The Zoldan Law Group, our litigators provide advice and aggressive representation to parties in Arizona sexual harassment claims. We can help you protect your legal rights if your case involves:
- A manager or co-worker who has violated your legal rights
- Electronic discovery (sometimes referred to as digital discovery), which refers to the recovery and use of important digital evidence like text messages, images, emails, and activity on social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Circumstances in which you reported inappropriate behavior and your employer ignored the reports or retaliated against you for speaking up
- Quid pro quo (literally, “this for that”) harassment, which can involve employment decisions, such as hiring or promotion, being made in relation to an employer or manager’s sexual advances or requests
- Creation or tolerance of a hostile work environment
At The Zoldan Law Group, we understand the law, and we are well-versed in the technologies that bear on many sexual harassment lawsuits. Our law firm has taken many harassment cases all the way to trial.
Contact The Firm
Sexual harassment can be a painful and embarrassing topic to talk about, but it can be confronted and dealt with successfully. If you are seeking the confidential advice of an experienced sexual harassment lawyer in Scottsdale or Phoenix, the employment attorneys of The Zoldan Law Group can help.
Contact us to schedule an appointment.