Phoenix Misappropriation /Embezzlement Lawyer
In the state of Arizona, fraudulent misappropriation or embezzlement are just referred to as theft. Though the crime itself may involve embezzlement in is still classified as theft in the Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 13 § 1802.
Types of Misappropriation/Embezzlement Felonies
Each type of felony or theft is categorized into classes or levels with accompanying punishments that are non-dangerous crimes in Arizona as follows:
- Class 2 felony: theft over $25,000.00 or more carrying a potential for imprisonment from 3 to 12.5 years;
- Class 3 felony: theft between $4,000.00 – $25,000.00 carrying a potential for imprisonment from 2 to 8.75 years;
- Class 4 felony theft between $3,000.00 – $4,000.00 carrying a potential for imprisonment from 1 to 3.75 years;
- Class 5 felony: theft between $2,000.00 – $3,000.00 carrying a potential for .5 – 2.5 years;
- Class 6 felony: theft between $1,000.00 – $2,000.00 and theft under $1,000.00, firearm or dog (sued for dog fighting) if taken from another person carrying a potential for imprisonment of .33 to 2 years; and
- Class 1 misdemeanor: theft of under $1,000.00 carrying a potential 6 months jail term.
Theft is serious in the USA, not just in the state of Arizona. Being entrusted with public funds in your career can be tempting and you can be liable if you misuse your position by taking assets of another person illegally and mixing it with your personal finances, investments or outright using or concealing what does not legally belong to you.
If you are a victim of theft, embezzlement misappropriation or are being accused of these felonies, immediately contact experienced legal attorneys at The Zoldan Law Group PLLC. We can give you strong aggressive legal advice and guide you through the entire legal process. Contact us today at (480) 418-7878 for a consultation.