Arizona Employment Law AttorneysRequest your consultation
Tucson Nursing Board Violations Lawyer
When the Arizona State Board of Nursing receives a notice or complaint about a nurse, the board has a duty to investigate that claim. These investigations are meant to discover practices and conduct that may threaten patient safety. Complaints are often found to be invalid, factually inaccurate, or unsubstantiated. Other times, a board investigation results in nursing discipline or loss of license.
If you are being investigated by the board of nursing, your license and livelihood may be at stake. Even if you believe that the complaint will eventually be dismissed by the board, it is important to consult with an experienced attorney. Contact a Tuscon nursing board violations attorney at the Zoldan Law Group PLLC to schedule a consultation.
Nursing License Defense Practice
- As professionally licensed attorneys, our nursing license defense team understands the value of a professional license and the devastation that could come from losing it. We will aggressively defend your license and your professional reputation in the medical community.
- Client communication is important to us. We provide personalized attention to every client and every case from the beginning of the matter until it is fully resolved.
- Our Tuscon attorneys are experienced in nursing board defense cases. We know how the process works, what facts and circumstances are important, and how to utilize defense strategies to reach the best possible outcome in your matter.
Reasons For Nursing Board Investigations in Tuscon
Nurses can be investigated for a number of reasons, such as arrests and convictions, standard of care violations, substance abuse reports, out of state discipline reports, and license violations. Regardless of what the complaint alleges or what mistakes you may have made, it is always best to consult with an employment law attorney right away. In many cases, we can settle the matter during the investigation phase in a way that is beneficial to you and satisfactory to the board.
People Who Make Nursing Complaints
Unfortunately, anyone can make a complaint about a nurse to the board in Arizona. This can lead to illegitimate complaints from disgruntled strangers, patients, and coworkers meant to harass, embarrass, or inconvenience nurses. Most often, complaints are made by the following people:
- Law Enforcement or other regulatory agencies
- Other people in the medical profession
- Family members of patients
How We Can Help
If you are contacted by the nursing board, you should give them little to no information before speaking with an attorney. When our clients are being investigated or suspect that they may be investigated for a complaint or other issue, we begin working on our client’s defense immediately. Depending on the facts of your case, we may be able to help by presenting evidence to the investigator that is favorable to you, and that may influence their investigation and decisions.
As mentioned above, we can sometimes negotiate terms of an agreement with the investigator so that the investigation never leads to a hearing. For example, if you are being investigated for substance abuse, we may be able to negotiate an agreement that may require you to undergo treatment. If you are already beyond the investigation phase and you are seeking to get your license reinstated, our law firm may be able to work with you on that too.
Tuscon Nursing Board Violations Attorney
Contact an Arizona employment law attorney at the Zoldan Law Group PLLC to discuss your nursing board violations matter. Our attorneys will go over your case, discuss potential outcomes of your matter, and possible defense strategies.