Arizona Employment Law AttorneysRequest your consultation
Phoenix Race Discrimination Attorney
Racial discrimination in the workplace is typically not as open as it was in the past; however, discrimination at work still happens, and it is illegal. Even when racial discrimination is not openly apparent, it is often thinly veiled and can be proven with the help of an experienced employment law attorney.
If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work, call a Phoenix racial discrimination attorney at the Zoldan Law Group PLLC to schedule a consultation. Racial discrimination is illegal under state and federal law, and our attorneys will fight to get you the compensation and legal remedies that you deserve.
Race Discrimination Employment Practice
- Our attorneys represent employees in all employment law matters, including race discrimination cases. They know the applicable laws, and they will work to secure maximum compensation and any available legal remedies to redress the discrimination you have experienced.
- We know that people rarely make up allegations of racism, and we believe employees who come to us for legal help. Our attorneys will discuss the facts of your case, any existing and discoverable evidence, and potential compensation for your claim.
- Our attorneys try to resolve each case efficiently and effectively. They work to settle cases so that employees are spared the time and expense of a trial. They also prepare every matter for trial in case settlement negotiations are not successful.
Pursuing A Race Discrimination Claim in Phoenix
Attorneys have many methods for discovering and proving racial discrimination, such as evidence of policies that have a disparate impact on minorities of a particular race. Discrimination may also be evidenced by a disproportionate lack of racial diversity at higher levels of management and executives in an organization.
When our Phoenix discrimination attorneys take on race discrimination cases, they conduct thorough investigations. Investigations may involve interviewing current and past employees, reviewing company policies, and interviewing executive and management employees. They also work to obtain important employer information, such as employee profiles and hiring policies.
Compensation And Remedies For Race Discrimination
- Every workplace discrimination case is different. Depending on your case facts, potential compensation and remedies may include:
- Job reinstatement if your employment was wrongfully terminated
- Job promotion if you were wrongly denied a promotion
- Financial compensation, including frontpay and backpay, for lost earnings and benefits due to discriminatory practices
- Punitive damages are sometimes awarded in race discrimination cases
Workplace Retaliation For A Discrimination Complaint
Employees often fail to report racial discrimination at work because they want to protect their jobs and income. They fear that making a complaint will lead to termination of their employment. It is illegal for an employer to fire an employee for exercising his or her legal rights, including the right to make a discrimination complaint.
Retaliation includes any type of conduct that negatively impacts an employee’s job, such as termination, demotion, and reduction of hours. If your employer retaliated against you for making a discrimination complaint, you might have a cause of action for discrimination and another cause of action for retaliation.
Phoenix Race Discrimination Lawyer
Phoenix employment lawyers at the Zoldan Law Group PLLC represent employees who have been harmed by discrimination in the workplace. We know that racial discrimination is not uncommon at work, and we fight to protect employee rights. Call our office to find out how we can help you with your discrimination case.