Even under favorable conditions, losing a job can be very stressful. Being fired wrongfully can be an agonizing experience that combines feelings of betrayal, injustice and profound disrespect.
Arizona, like other states, is known as an "at-will" employment state, which means that in most cases either an employer or an employee can legally end an employment relationship for any reason or for no reason - even in situations in which an employer is being unfair, unethical or unjust in terminating an employee. However, state and federal laws make it illegal to discharge or fire an employee for certain reasons, factors that can lead to a wrongful termination claim, a lawsuit against an errant employer.
Fighting For The Rights Of Employees Who Were Unfairly Discharged
If you were wrongfully fired, the trial lawyers of The Zoldan Law Group can help you understand your legal rights and represent you in protecting those rights. Specifically, we can assist you if:
- You need to determine if you have an actionable claim, and you want to understand the process of pursuing litigation
- You need aggressive representation in court
- You were terminated in retaliation for reporting misconduct
- You reported sexual harassment or rejected sexual overtures from a manager
- You took or requested family leave covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- You were discriminated against based on your age, sex, race or another legally protected characteristic
Not all unfair terminations are grounds for a lawsuit. It is important to obtain legal advice if you have concerns about a discharge.
Attorneys For Illegal Discharge Cases In Phoenix | Contact Us
If you need to consult a wrongful termination lawyer in Scottsdale or Phoenix, contact The Zoldan Law Group to schedule an appointment. We can answer your questions and help you develop a strategy for resolution of the problem.